Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lessons of Life...

I feared being alone
Until I learned to likeMyself.


I feared failureUntil
I realized that I only Fail when I don't try.

I feared success Until
I realizedThat I had to tryIn order to be happyWith myself.


I feared people's opinions
Until I learned that People would have opinionsAbout me anyway.


I feared rejection
Until I learned toHave faith in myself.


I feared painUntil
I learned thatit's necessary For growth.


I feared the truth
Until I saw theUgliness in lies.


I feared lifeUntil
I experiencedIts beauty .


I feared death Until
I realized that it'sNot an end, but a beginning.


I feared my destiny,
Until I realized that I had the power to changeMy life.


I feared hate Until
I saw that itWas nothing more thanIgnorance.


I feared loveUntil
it touched my heart, Making the darkness fadeInto endless sunny days.


I feared ridicule
Until I learned howTo laugh at myself.


I feared growing old
Until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.


I feared the future
Until I realized thatLife just kept gettingBetter.


I feared the past
Until I realized that It could no longer hurt me.


I feared the dark
Until I saw the beautyOf the starlight.


I feared the light
Until I learned that the Truth would give meStrength.

I feared change,
Until I saw thatEven the most beautiful butterfly
Had to undergo a metamorphosisBefore it could fly...

No comments:

Sudharshan on Fire